- Hyderabad: First-time voters enjoy having brush with exercising franchise
- CM asks nursing officers to create own identities
- ASI completes laser scanning of outer walls of Ratna Bhandar
- Delhi CM Kejriwal to meet rat-hole miners who helped rescue 41 tunnel workers
- Animal Movie Twitter Live Reviews And Updates
- Google Chrome Users at Risk: Update Now to Secure Your Personal Data
- LeT terrorist killed in Pulwama gunfight
- Punjab hikes state agreed price of sugarcane by Rs 11 per quintal
- BSF made a mark as a guardian of our frontiers: PM Modi on force's 59th Raising Day
- No Maoist activities in Malkangiri, Koraput in past 3 years: BSF
3 mandals lag in building dumping yards in state
Kalla, Undi and Akiveedu mandals in West Godavari district have been lagging behind in construction of dumping yards in the entire state
Akiveedu: Kalla, Undi and Akiveedu mandals in West Godavari district have been lagging behind in construction of dumping yards in the entire state.
This was conveyed to the panchayat secretaries of the three mandals at a meeting organised by divisional panchayat officer (DLPO) M Nagalatha.
She expressed her displeasure over poor performance of panchayat secretaries in building dumping yards.
It was already two years since District Collector directed officials to construct separate yards for dry and wet garbage in every panchayat, she reminded.
The DLPO warned the panchayat secretaries with suspension if they failed to construct dumping yards by October-end. “You are being paid for doing this work,” she added.
While replying, some panchayat secretaries informed that lack of funds was the reason for not taking up the construction of dumping yards.