- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
- STEM education: How advancement in tech taking major impact on students
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Tilak Verma shines; Bhuvi, Krunal, Chakravarthy cast a spell
- Charith Asalanka to lead Sri Lanka in first two T20Is vs Bangladesh
- Tripura tribal party blocks state's lifeline over ‘Greater Tipraland’ demand
- Suvendu Adhikari submits list of 17 lakh ‘fake' voters in Bengal to ECI
- Aarogya Suraksha camp held in 17th ward of Krishna district
Jagan promises to end woes of contract, outsourced workers
YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy assured to solve problems of contract and outsourcing employees if YSRCP came to power in 2019 elections
Srikakulam: YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy assured to solve problems of contract and outsourcing employees if YSRCP came to power in 2019 elections. During his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in Rajam Assembly constituency in the district on Tuesday, contract and outsourcing employees met him and explained their plight . Responding to their requests, Jagan promised to solve their problems soon.
He started his yatra at Anthakapalli village in Rajam mandal and passed through GR Agraharam, Pogiri, Marrivalasa, Mettavalasa, Palakhandyam and Santhavuriti villages, ending it at Davalapeta in G.Sigadam mandal.
During his padayatra, senior citizens, women met him and explained that they were being denied pension and other welfare schemes. They also complained to him that excessive role of Janmabhumi committees in selection of beneficiaries at village level has become intolerable as committee members harassing public and poor people on inclusion of their names in welfare schemes’ lists.
Paddy and cotton farmers also met Jagan and explained that they were not getting even minimum support price (MSP) for their produce due to intervention of middlemen and he assured to solve their problems too.