Mega assets grounding mela in Tirupati today

Mega assets grounding mela in Tirupati today
x
Highlights

The Statelevel mega grounding mela in which assets and tools will be distributed on a largescale will be held in Tirupati on Thursday Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will participate in the programme and distribute assets to 10,138 beneficiaries A majority of the beneficiaries are artisans 6,638 who are engaged in traditional professions covered under Adarana scheme

Tirupati: The State-level mega grounding mela in which assets and tools will be distributed on a large-scale will be held in Tirupati on Thursday. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will participate in the programme and distribute assets to 10,138 beneficiaries. A majority of the beneficiaries are artisans (6,638) who are engaged in traditional professions covered under Adarana scheme.

They will have to contribute 10 per cent for tools while the remaining 90 per cent will be provided by the government as subsidy. All the tools to be distributed to them are kept ready at the venue. As many as 2,000 tools arrived on Wednesday from Vijayawada, said District Collector PS Pradyumna. He reviewed the arrangements on Wednesday.

The tools which are heavy will be flagged off by the Chief Minister and they will be sent to the native places of beneficiaries. The remaining beneficiaries will be covered under SC, ST, BC and Minority Corporations.

Similarly, SC unemployed persons will get loans at 50 per cent subsidy through SC cooperative society with which they can establish their own small industries, shops or can choose other self-employment avenues.

BC, ST and Minority corporations also have selected beneficiaries from those who applied for loans. This mega programme indicates the intention of the government to take up welfare schemes on a large-scale to cover maximum number of beneficiaries as per the vision of the Chief Minister to make every household to earn a minimum of Rs 10,000 per month. Also, 113 differently-abled persons will get motorised vehicles.

After distributing the assets and tools, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will address the beneficiaries. Reviewing the arrangements, the Collector said that steps were being taken to bring maximum number of beneficiaries to the meeting venue at SV Veterinary University grounds in Tirupati with whom the Chief Minister will interact.

The Collector said that December will be a special month for Tirupati as many major programmes are being held in the temple town. Already NIDJAM was held between December 1 and 3. The State-level loan mela will be held on Thursday and MSME meet will be conducted on December 12.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Interested in blogging for thehansindia.com? We will be happy to have you on board as a blogger.
Next Story
More Stories