- APSRTC to operate 94 buses to Tiruvannamalai in TN
- Kadapa: Dispose of grievances in transparent manner
- Telangana: Air ambulance services in State soon
- Left parties protest statewide arrest of Anganwadi workers
- Rich tributes paid to Pandit Deenadayal, SP Balu
- Peddiraju takes charge as Srisailam temple EO
- MP Rangaiah hails rollout of Vande Bharat trains by PM
- CID arrests suspect in Krushi Cooperative Urban Bank case
- Complete prioritised govt buildings construction by Oct 30: Arun
- Foolproof arrangements for Chakra Snanam: Addl SP
56L cash, 1.92 lakh gold recovered from 9 burglars
The Urban police have nabbed nine accused and recovered an amount of Rs 56 lakh and 76990 gms of gold jewellery worth Rs 192 lakh here on Sunday
Rajamahendravaram: The Urban police have nabbed nine accused and recovered an amount of Rs 56 lakh and 76.990 gms of gold jewellery worth Rs 1.92 lakh here on Sunday.
Disclosing details at a media conference held at Urban SP office here on Monday, SP Dr Shemushi Bajpayee has said that out of nine, the first three accused were arrested when they were trying to dispose the stolen jewellery in the city on Sunday.
The arrested accused are-- L Satyananrayana (25), T Peddiraju (28) and G Srikanth (19), their associates L Lakshmi (23), D Murali (30), T Venkata Lakshmi (50), T Sai Mahesh (16), S Chandramma (55) and SV Satyanarayana (30). All the accused belong to Gajjaram village of Tallapudi mandal in West Godavari district.
One of the prime accused S Satyanarayana worked as a watchman at SSK Plaza apartment on AVA Road in the city for two months. He used to keep the extra keys of the flats in his possession and observe the movements of the flat owners.
After two months, he was removed from the job for various reasons. Later, Satyanarayana along with T Peddiraju and G Srikanth looted the house of V Mallikarjuna Prasad of flat number 401 at 7 p.m. on December 12th. At the time of the burglary, no one was in the flat.
After the robbery, Satyanarayana went to Goa and spent money lavishly and distributed some amount to their co-accused also. Based on the complaint of V Mallikarjuna Prasad, a case was registered at Prakash Nagar police station and investigation was conducted under the supervision of East Zone Deputy Superintendent of Police U Nagaraju, who successfully unravelled the robbery case.