- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
28 drunken drivers imprisoned in Ongole
The Prakasam district police office announced that as part of the controlling of drunken driving and further mishaps, the SP ordered strict vigil in the district
Ongole: The Prakasam district police office announced that as part of the controlling of drunken driving and further mishaps, the SP ordered strict vigil in the district.
In the checks at various places from February 8 to 15, the DPO said that the police personnel booked cases under Section 185 (A) of MVI Act for violation of traffic rules and drunken driving on 228 people.
After producing them before the court along with another 195 pending accused, the judge imposed jail term and fine for 28 drivers and fined the remaining.
The police said that they collected Rs 240000 as fine from the offenders and offered to counsel them.