- Abhay Bhargava opens up about fathers bonding with daughters-in-law
- Over 10K-litre fake ghee packed under well-known brand names seized in Jaipur
- Man killed in Delhi house collapse
- India, US can play key role in shaping geopolitical landscape of Indo-Pacific: Defence Secretary
- J&K Police evacuates critically-ill child amid heavy snow in Kulgam
- Exercise Milan has grown from 5 IOR navies to 50 navies across the Indo-Pacific: Indian Navy chief
- Players like Root should be told to play natural game: AB de Villiers on Bazball
- Islamabad United signs Guptil as replacement for Waseem
- 25mn Indians enter drinking age every year; premium brands gain traction: Absolut CEO
- Negotiations on at acquiring Paytm Payments Bank businesses as RBI deadline looms
Sensex surges 323 points in early trade
A benchmark index of Indian equities markets, the 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex), on Thursday gained 323.32 points or 1.26 percent during the morning session.
Mumbai: A benchmark index of Indian equities markets, the 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex), on Thursday gained 323.32 points or 1.26 percent during the morning session.
The wider 50-scrip Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) also gained 104.75 points or 1.34 percent and was trading at 7,896.60 points.
The Sensex of the S&P Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 26,137.03 points, was trading at 26,037.98 points (at 9.16 a.m.) in the early session, up 323.32 points or 1.26 percent from the previous day's close at 25,714.66 points.
The Sensex has touched a high of 26,170.39 points and a low of 26,013.14 points in the trade so far.