Dr Reddy’s launches anti-acid drug
Dr Reddy’s launches anti-acid drug. City-based Dr Reddy\'s Laboratories on Monday said it launched a generic version of Astrazeneca\'s Nexium, used to treat acid reflux, in the US market.
Hyderabad: City-based Dr Reddy's Laboratories on Monday said it launched a generic version of Astrazeneca's Nexium, used to treat acid reflux, in the US market. "It has launched Esomeprazole magnesium delayed release capsules USP, 20 mg and 40 mg, a therapeutic equivalent generic version of Nexium delayed release capsules, in the US market on September 25, following approval from the US Food and Drug Administration," the company said in a release.
Citing IMS data, Dr Reddy’s said Nexium and generic had US sales of approximately $5.2 billion for most of recent 12 months ending in July, 2015. The pharma major further said Esomeprazole capsules are available in bottle count size of 30. Eesomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor that decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Goa CM asks police to beef up security of churches
- Modi says he is winning but no fun minus Gujarat's 26 seats
- People of Bengal will pay back 'notebandi' with 'votebandi': Mamata hits out at Modi
- Yogi government ignoring its duties to ensure safety of expressway commuters: Akhilesh Yadav
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale begins two-day visit to China