- An Adventure to off the beaten path of Manaslu Trekking.
- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
Ambani brothers to share 4G spectrum
Ambani brothers to share 4G spectrum. Terming it as a \"virtual consolidation\" in the highly-competitive telecom space, Anil Ambani on Wednesday said his group firm RCom is tying up \'trading and sharing\' of spectrum with Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio including for the much-awaited 4G services.
This strategic cooperation and partnership between RJIO and RCom is a virtual consolidation in the telecom sector and I'm grateful to my elder brother Mukesh bhai for unstinted support and guidance
– Anil Ambani
Mumbai : Terming it as a "virtual consolidation" in the highly-competitive telecom space, Anil Ambani on Wednesday said his group firm RCom is tying up 'trading and sharing' of spectrum with Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio including for the much-awaited 4G services. Addressing shareholders at the AGM of RelCom, Ambani also said he was "grateful" to his elder brother for "unstinted support and guidance".
The two brothers have begun collaborating with each other in certain businesses over the past few years, after a long period of cut-throat rivalry following a much-publicised split of 2005 of the erstwhile Reliance empire founded by their father late Dhirubhai Ambani. "This strategic cooperation and partnership between RJIO and RCom is a virtual consolidation in the telecom sector and I'm grateful to my elder brother Mukesh bhai for unstinted support and guidance," Anil Ambani said.
He added that both the companies are at "an advance stage of discussion" for finalising a nationwide trading and sharing arrangement, which will be followed up with reciprocal arrangements between Reliance Jio and Reliance Communications for letting customers roam on each others' networks. "I believe this will be a true gamechanger for the sector and we will see benefits in coming years," he said, adding that they will be able to jointly offer "gold standard" services.
This will facilitate RCom customers to access RJio's 4G network on an "asset light" and "minimum capital expenditure" model, he said. Anil Ambani added that their father Dhirubhai, whose death resulted in the two brothers splitting businesses and the younger one getting the telecom business, would have been very happy for such a partnership. It can be noted that in 2010, both the brothers ended a non-competitive pact, which paved the way for Mukesh to enter the telecom space. Immediately, Mukesh's company bought a pan-India 4G spectrum.