- PM kickstarts LS polls campaign from 'lucky Yavatmal', slams UPA regime's graft
- Congress to make declaration on special category status to Andhra
- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
- STEM education: How advancement in tech taking major impact on students
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Tilak Verma shines; Bhuvi, Krunal, Chakravarthy cast a spell
Idea to launch 4G in 750 towns
Idea to launch 4G in 750 towns. Private mobile operator, Idea Cellular on Wednesday said it plans to launch 4G services in 750 towns across 10 circles by the first half of 2016.
New Delhi : Private mobile operator, Idea Cellular on Wednesday said it plans to launch 4G services in 750 towns across 10 circles by the first half of 2016. It also plans to introduce from next fiscal its branded digital services applications like Idea Music, Idea Games, Idea Movies and Idea Digital Wallets etc, with focus on regional and vernacular content.
"In its initial phase Idea intends to roll out its 4G services across 10 telecom service areas over 750 large and small towns by first half of 2016," the company said in a statement. The circles include Maharashtra and Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Karnataka, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and North East. The company said it had acquired spectrum in 1800 MHz band, used for offering 4G services, during the last two spectrum auctions in February 2014 and March 2015.
"Given the large mobile data and rural voice opportunities, Idea with increasing consumer affinity, steady cash flows, deep rural 2G presence, expanding 3G network footprint and planned 4G LTE network launch the company remains confident to further strengthen its market competitive standing and emerge stronger," Idea said. Bharti Airtel and Aircel have already launched 4G services, whereas Vodafone has announced plans to roll out services in Delhi and Mumbai by December this year.