Chinese shares plummet
China\'s stocks tumbled heavily in the afternoon session on Friday, with the benchmark Shanghai Composite Index nose-diving more than four percent.
China's stocks tumbled heavily in the afternoon session on Friday, with the benchmark Shanghai Composite Index nose-diving more than four percent.
Brokerages led the diving. CITIC Securities once hit the daily drop limit of 10 percent, while 19 companies tumbled over six percent, Xinhua reported.
On Thursday night, CITIC Securities and Guosen Securities released statements that they are under investigations by the Securities Regulatory Commission.
Media reported that another brokerage giant Haitong Securities is also being investigated by the national regulator.
The company's share trading was suspended this morning.
- 24 candidates have criminal cases in Uttar Pradesh third phase: ADR
- There is conspiracy to make CJI resign: Lawyer to SC
- Lokpal to work from Delhi's 5-star luxury 'The Ashok' hotel
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse