- Flight operations resume at Srinagar international airport
- Gear up for LS polls, Revuri tells Cong workers
- Madras HC directs TN DGP to implement guidelines on bullock cart races
- Delhi High Court restrains Geetanjali Salon from playing copyrighted songs without licence
- Is Deepika Padukone Having a Baby With Ranveer Singh?
- AI startups from Tier 2, 3 cities is PM Modi’s dream: Union Minister
- Huge corruption unearthed in Smart City works
- Mahabubnagar: Palpable tension among aspirants
- Brahmotsavam Jatara draws multitudes of devotees
- BJP Capitalises on ‘Ram naam’ to woo voters
Mahindra seeks tax incentives from TS for electric cars
Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles, a part of Mahindra Group, has sought tax incentives from Telangana Government for its environment-friendly electric cars.
Hyderabad: Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles, a part of Mahindra Group, has sought tax incentives from Telangana Government for its environment-friendly electric cars.
“We have requested Telangana Government to exempt electric cars from VAT (value added tax) and road tax. The Government is actively considering our request,” Mahesh Babu, Chief of Operations, Mahindra Reva, told media here after flagging off all-electric car expedition, ‘Mahindra Reva Goodness Drive – Kashmir to Kanyakumari’, which reached the city on Tuesday.
Mahindra Reva which currently sells Mahindra e2o electric car has been approaching all the state governments with a proposal to exempt the vehicle from local taxes as it runs on clean technology and so, doesn’t harm environment.
The central government recently announced FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles) scheme under which the electric car is getting incentives over Rs 1 lakh per each unit.
“Delhi and Rajasthan governments are already offering tax exemptions for the model. We are hopeful that Telangana will also offer tax incentives. Such measures will increase adoption of electric vehicles in the country,” Babu said.
Replying to a query, he said Mahindra Reva would double its annual sales from the year-ago and the sales number would cross four-digit mark during the current fiscal. The electric car maker had sold around 550 units last fiscal.
On the all-electric expedition comprising of three Mahindra e2o vehicles, he said it was able to create awareness about the electric vehicles and showcased their capability.