- TDP suffers setback in Konaseema district
- Ongole MP Srinivasulu Reddy quits YSRCP
- Telangana govt waives 90% arrears interest on property tax
- Hyderabad Lok Sabha Constituency: Congress smells huge voter fraud in ‘electoral rolls’
- Nellore: YSRCP leaders desert party in droves
- Tirupati: TDP’s delay on candidate fuels speculations
- TS govt assigns NDSA to study Medigadda
- Motorists grumble over rumble strips across Hyderabad
- CM scouting for strong BC leaders to field in LS polls
- Diageo donates 50 breath-lysers to police dept
Dr Reddy's recalls Vitamin-D drug from US mkt
Dr Reddy\'s Laboratories has started recalling some lots of its Paricalcitol Capsules of 1 mcg, 2 mcg 4 mcg strengths from the US market voluntarily due to \"reports of breakage and leakage of\" the capsules.
Hyderabad: Dr Reddy's Laboratories has started recalling some lots of its Paricalcitol Capsules of 1 mcg, 2 mcg 4 mcg strengths from the US market voluntarily due to "reports of breakage and leakage of" the capsules.
According to a notification put by the US Food and Drug Administration, these lots are recalled under 'Class-III' classification which was described as 'a situation in which use of or exposure to a violative product is not likely to cause adverse health consequences'.
Paricalcitol, a Vitamin-D compound is used for preventing and treating high levels of parathyroid hormone in certain patients with chronic kidney disease.
As per the notification, the firm is recalling 24,661 bottles from the market from November last year. These capsules are manufactured at DRL's Bachupally unit in Hyderabad.