Dr Reddy's recalls Vitamin-D drug from US mkt
Dr Reddy\'s Laboratories has started recalling some lots of its Paricalcitol Capsules of 1 mcg, 2 mcg 4 mcg strengths from the US market voluntarily due to \"reports of breakage and leakage of\" the capsules.
Hyderabad: Dr Reddy's Laboratories has started recalling some lots of its Paricalcitol Capsules of 1 mcg, 2 mcg 4 mcg strengths from the US market voluntarily due to "reports of breakage and leakage of" the capsules.
According to a notification put by the US Food and Drug Administration, these lots are recalled under 'Class-III' classification which was described as 'a situation in which use of or exposure to a violative product is not likely to cause adverse health consequences'.
Paricalcitol, a Vitamin-D compound is used for preventing and treating high levels of parathyroid hormone in certain patients with chronic kidney disease.
As per the notification, the firm is recalling 24,661 bottles from the market from November last year. These capsules are manufactured at DRL's Bachupally unit in Hyderabad.
- 15 Naxals, including 6 women surrender in Bastar
- No problem if Muslims don't vote for me: Varun Gandhi contradicts mother Maneka
- Congress to take action against Anupam Sharma
- Ali chahiye, Bajrang Bali bhi chahiye lekin Anarkali nahi chahiye: Azam Khan's son
- TikTok's fate to be decided, Supreme Court directs Madras High Court to hear plea on Apr 24