- KCR will certainly score a hat-trick win: KTR
- Arrangements at place for Assembly polling
- Charlie Munger, closest aide of Warren Buffet, dies at 99
- Jagan brought equality with Jagananna colonies: Rajini
- Five Indian States On High Alert As China's Respiratory Illness Surge Sparks Preparedness Review
- Vijayawada: Call to protect panchayat raj system
- Vice President Of Karnataka State Contractors' Association Passes Away Amidst Allegations Of Political Vendetta And Financial Scandal
- Google introduces .meme domain; Find details
- YS Jagan flags of cleaning machines, to lay stone virtually for development works
- Anantapur: Rich tributes paid to Mahatma Phule
Petitioner Paneerselvi: Killing Veerappan full of false information
A petition seeking to put on hold the release of Ram Gopal Varma\'s multilingual film Killing Veerappan has been filed in Madras High Court. The petitioner claims the film is full of false information on the forest brigand.
A petition seeking to put on hold the release of Ram Gopal Varma's multilingual film Killing Veerappan has been filed in Madras High Court. The petitioner claims the film is full of "false information" on the forest brigand.
In her statement, petitioner Paneerselvi of Salem said: "The film is filled with false information and will create law and order problems in Tamil Nadu if allowed to release."
Seeking interim order to put on hold the film, which is slated to release on January 1, she also requested the Central Board of Film Certification's (CBFC) regional office to revoke the original 'U' certification of the film. The film, which stars Shivrajkumar, Parul Yadav, Yagna Shetty and Sandeep Bharadwaj, is set to release in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi.
In her complaint, Paneerselvi added that the film portrays only Karnataka Police solely responsible for the killing of Veerappan in 2004, and belittles Tamil Nadu Police and politicians in the process.