- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Post Jet Airways fiasco, Sonu Nigam sings intolerance tune
Singer Sonu Nigam has termed as \"real intolerance\" Jet Airways\' decision to suspend the entire cabin crew of a flight for allowing him to use the public address system of an aircraft to entertain the passesngers with a few songs.
Singer Sonu Nigam has termed as "real intolerance" Jet Airways' decision to suspend the entire cabin crew of a flight for allowing him to use the public address system of an aircraft to entertain the passesngers with a few songs.
The incident had happened on a January 4 flight from Jodhpur to Mumbai, on which Sonu was also travelling.
Reacting to the move by Jet Airways officials, Sonu told IANS via a text message: “I have witnessed an elaborate fashion show in an aircraft. I have heard of small concerts happening in an aircraft. I have seen pilots and crew members cracking humorous jokes to loosen up passengers in other countries, which is so cool."
“To suspend crew members for asking me to sing on the address system, when the seat belt signs were off, and no announcements were to be made, is nothing less than punishing someone for spreading happiness.
“Pity there's no one to question such harshness except the media perhaps. Indians, need to loosen up. This act of lack of common Sense, according to me, is real intolerance.”
Online videos uploaded by some passengers show Sonu singing in mid-flight. Sonu is seen dressed casually in a t-shirt and jeans, leaning against a bulkhead as he sings two of his popular songs from the films "Veer Zaara" and "Refugee".
The airline, in a statement said, the cream members have been suspended for "corrective training" to reinforce strict adherence to operating procedures.