- Daily Forex Rates (30-09-2023)
- Controversy Surrounds Karnataka Government's move to collect RTI workers info
- Celebrity-inspired co-ord sets for this festive season
- Pontiff, ministers received life threatening letter
- Farmers in Bagalakote District Construct Barrel Bridge Across Krishna River
- Natural remedies to reduce hair growth on the upper lip
- Innovative Technology for Sustainability in Coffee Production
- ‘Bhagavanth Kesari’ advance bookings to be opened from this date
- Indian shooters record best-ever medals haul
- ‘Ustaad Bhagat Singh’ shooting update: Intense schedule wrapped up
Priyadarshan acquires Hindi remake rights of Visaaranai
Filmmaker Vetrimaaran\'s critically acclaimed Tamil drama \"Visaaranai\", about police brutality, is all set to be remade in Hindi. The remake rights have been bought by director Priyadarshan.
Chennai: Filmmaker Vetrimaaran's critically acclaimed Tamil drama "Visaaranai", about police brutality, is all set to be remade in Hindi. The remake rights have been bought by director Priyadarshan.
"Yes, the Hindi remake rights have been acquired by Priyadarshan," Vetrimaaran told IANS.
Priyadarshan will direct and produce the Hindi remake.
According to some reports, Akshay Kumar was rumoured to be part of the project. However, it was denied by Vetrimaaran.
"Akshay being a part of the film is just a rumour. It's not true," he said.
Based on Tamil novel "Lock Up" by auto driver M. Chandrakumar, the film is partly inspired from real events from his own life.
The film, which had its world premiere at the Venice International Film Festival last year, is currently running in Indian theatres. It features Dinesh, Samuthirakani, Ajay Ghosh and Kishore in important roles.