- Hyderabad: KTR stresses on Reduce, Recycle, Reuse mantra
- National children’s day, history, significance and quotes
- Hyderabad boy loses Rs 36 lakh on mobile games
- WTC Final: Rahane can prolong his Test career by couple of years after gutsy knock, feels Ponting
- KGF distributors KRG Studios gets rights to Adipurush in Karnataka
- TDP leaders were stopped from going to the Polavaram project and arrested
- 9 killed in Mogadishu hotel attack
- Microsoft launches voice chat feature to AI-powered Bing Chat
- Google Adds New Features for Chrome Password Manager
- Chandrababu writes to YS Jagan, demands to act on sand mining in Chinchinada
Just released Sanjay Dutt asked to be brand ambassadaor of NDMC
Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt has been invited by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to become its brand ambassador for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan and Smart City initiatives.
This collaboration will intensify the NDMC s efforts to reach out to the public for greater engagement in keeping the city clean.
Mumbai: Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt has been invited by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to become its brand ambassador for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan and Smart City initiatives.
The 56-year-old Munnabhai MBBS star was released from Yerwada jail on February 25, after completing his 42-month prison term for illegal possession of arms.
"The NDMC is intensifying its efforts to provide better civic services to citizens as well as visiting patrons. Being a youth icon and a leading personality of our country, your association is sought in its 'Swachh Bharat Mission' and 'Smart City' initiatives," the civic body said in a letter to Dutt.
"This collaboration will intensify the NDMC s efforts to reach out to the public for greater engagement in keeping the city clean, improving civic behaviour in public places and transforming the NDMC into a smart city," it added.
Asked about the invitation to Dutt, NDMC Chaimran Naresh Kumar said that many eminent personalities were being approached by the council for the role.
"We are in discussion with many celebrities, film stars, cricketers and hockey players have been approached to be a part of these campaigns. However, no final decision has been taken yet," he said.
NDMC area, which is home to the high and mighty in the country, has been selected among the 20 cities of the Union Urban Development Ministry's Smart City initiative, enabling it to receive a funding of Rs 500 crore for various projects.
The civic-body will get a funding of Rs 200 crore in the first year for implementation of the project and the remaining funds will be released in subsequent four years. Besides, it had allocated over Rs 400 crore for various projects under Smart City in its budget for 2016-17.