- MyVoice: Views of our readers 2nd March 2024
- EVs can help India achieve net zero
- Target 370: Is BJP oversanguine?
- Economy on fire, not on all cylinders though
- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
Kalki Koechlin's new commercial promotes LGBT cause
Bollywood actress Kalki Koechlin, who is known for her unconventional roles in the films, has yet again amazed her fans with her new digital campaign supporting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trangender (LGBT) community.
New Delhi : Bollywood actress Kalki Koechlin, who is known for her unconventional roles in the films, has yet again amazed her fans with her new digital campaign supporting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trangender (LGBT) community.
With Kalki as the focal point of the campaign, the video addresses issues of same sex love and proposes freedom to love without discrimination on the basis of caste, sex or religion.
In an exclusive interview to ANI, the actress said that she chose to do the campaign because it was relevant with a subtle message.
"I just thought the advertisement was an original concept that we don't see in the world of advertisement very often. And it wasn't a heart quelling advertisement, but a topical and very relevant to what is happening today. They have done it in a subtle and peaceful manner which I thought was very nice," Kalki said.
While the LGBT community in India is no longer as invisible as it once was, but they still face plenty of legal and social hurdles to get their rights.
The effort behind the digital ad campaign is to inspire young Indians to love themselves and explore their real identity.
Jagatjit Industries in conjunction with Shiven Surendranath of Old School Films conceptualised the video campaign for IICE Vodka 'KINKI CHILLI', which has been directed by Shiven Surendranath.