- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Peshwa Bajirao role earns Maharashtrian of the Year award for Ranveer Singh
Bollywood star Ranveer Singh, who brought alive Maratha warrior Peshwa Bajirao II on the silver screen through Sanjay Leela Bhansali\'s Bajirao Mastani, will on Friday be feted with the Maharashtrian Of The Year.
Mumbai: Bollywood star Ranveer Singh, who brought alive Maratha warrior Peshwa Bajirao II on the silver screen through Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Bajirao Mastani", will on Friday be feted with the 'Maharashtrian Of The Year'.
The award, by Lokmat, will be bestowed on the talented actor by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at a ceremony here later in the day.
Ranveer, who has conquered the heart of Bollywood audiences with his effervescence and undying passion to entertain, has had a successful 2015 and an impressive innings in Hindi filmdom starting with "Band Baaja Baaraat" in 2010.
The 'Lokmat Maharashtrian of The Year' award recognises and honours the individuals that have risen above the rest, who have positively impacted the state and have put Brand Maharashtra on the Indian and global radar.
Ranveer's performance in "Bajirao Mastani" made for a walk down the memory lanes of history and put forth the vison, aura and grandeur of Maharashra's pride - Peshwa Bajirao.
Cinematic legends like Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar have been honoured with this award in the past, making this win even more special for Ranveer.
The jury members to choose the awardee for this year included former Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Former Union Minister Praful Patel, eminent lawyer Ujjwal Nikam, social activist Medha Patkar, businessman Harsh Goenka, veteran journalist Ayaz Memon, filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar and others.