- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
- Kashmiri activist Yana Mir accuses Delhi Customs of 'harassment' at IGI Airport
- Floating bridge separated for trials
- National Science Day Feb 28 State to promote scientific temperament-Boseraju
- Howlers in Agnipath INC writes to President of India to rectify
- PM Modi lays foundation of 21 Amrit Bharat Railway stations in Odisha
- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
Hollywood to adapt the book Karmic Ishq into a movie
Karmic Ishq, a book released last year by Goan author Savio Rodrigues has been sold to an Indo-Hollywood production company, Houseful Motion Pictures for an undisclosed amount and will be made into an English-language film to cater to the global movie audience.
New Delhi: Karmic Ishq, a book released last year by Goan author Savio Rodrigues has been sold to an Indo-Hollywood production company, Houseful Motion Pictures for an undisclosed amount and will be made into an English-language film to cater to the global movie audience.
Speaking on the tie-up, Utpal Acharya, Managing Director, HMP, said, "Having been associated with Indian, Regional and International films for several years now, the ability to spot good content for a movie is ingrained. Karmic Ishq is a touching story of love, passion and Karma. It delves on the social evil of child abuse and its impact on the psyche of its survivors."
"Sometimes you read a book and know that it needs a larger canvass to show its true value, Karmic Ishq is one such book that needs to be made into a movie for the global and Indian audience that appreciates a good realistic story with a message of hope. Our vision is to make an English movie for the global audience. We are in talks to partner with a Hollywood production company to co-produce the movie with us," added Utpal Acharya.
Karmic Ishq follows the life of its two main protagonists Kevin and Alisha through their growing up years. It portrays their love, lust and passion for each other. Both are survivors of child-abuse in their growing years and both have dealt with their trauma differently yet love binds them together.
Speaking on the deal, Savio Rodrigues, Author, Karmic Ishq, stated, "I am thrilled that someone as experienced and knowledgeable in the global movie business as Utpal Acharya and his team have liked the book and decided to purchase the movie rights of the book to make it into a Hollywood movie for the global audience.
I am also equally excited that I would also be a part of the film-making process to co-write the screenplay for the movie. Karmic Ishq is a story for a global audience. I am also excited that as a Goan author, my work is creating a platform for other Goan authors on an International level."