- Sanatan Dharma remarks: SC tags plea seeking FIR against Udhayanidhi Stalin with pending petition
- Tovino Thomas-starrer ‘2018: Everyone Is A Hero’ is India’s official entry for Oscars
- Women workforce rises to 26% in Indian firms in 2023: Report
- SC asks Centre, Delhi govt to file common compilation of arguments in services row
- Jaishankar refutes Trudeau's allegations on Nijjar's killing, says it's not India's policy
- IIT-K develops device to monitor lung health
- NIA raid on Khalistani supporters in 13 Rajasthan districts
- Jindal School of Art and Architecture hosts international conference
- Telangana High Court slaps Rs 10,000 fine on MLA Sunitha
- AP assembly passes the Contractual Employees Regularisation Bill
Sad day for Star War fans as Erik Bauersfeld passes away
The voice behind Star Wars\' Admiral Ackbar aka Erik Bauersfeld passed away at the age of 93 on April 3 at his home in Berkeley, California.
Washington D.C.: The voice behind Star Wars' Admiral Ackbar aka Erik Bauersfeld passed away at the age of 93 on April 3 at his home in Berkeley, California.
This news was confirmed by his manager Derek Maki, reports Us magazine.
In a statement, Coolwaters Productions said, "Actor Erik Bauersfeld, known by Star Wars fans around globe as the voice of Admiral Ackbar, has passed away. His passing comes at the age of 93 and the cause was natural causes. Erik will be deeply missed by his family here at Coolwaters and our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends."
The late star also voiced Jabba the Hutt's staffer Bib Fortuna in 'Return of the Jedi'.