- National Chili Day 2024: Date, history and significance
- Hindu Gods 'insult' row: Karnataka police book FIR over threat calls to complainant
- 23 lakh Indian diaspora are reinforcing Indo-Canadian relations: Jitendra Singh
- From Michelle Obama to Matthew McConaughey: Celebrities Share Their Go-to Recipes
- Maratha quotas given, but unrelenting Jarange-Patil to start fresh stir from Feb 24
- Servitor held in Bhubaneswar for sexually assaulting foreign tourist
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani Tie the Knot in Anand Karaj Ceremony
- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
Actress hurls bigamy slur on hubby
In what resembled a stagy sequence of a Tollywood potboiler, former film artiste and present TV actress Poojitha on Tuesday approached Hyderabad Police Commissioner M Mahender Reddy to complain against her husband Vijay Gopal alleging bigamy.
Former Tollywood actress Poojitha accuses her husband of marrying an IAS officer, seeks justice from cops
Hyderabad: In what resembled a stagy sequence of a Tollywood potboiler, former film artiste and present TV actress Poojitha on Tuesday approached Hyderabad Police Commissioner M Mahender Reddy to complain against her husband Vijay Gopal alleging bigamy. The actress alleged that her husband had illegally married IAS officer and Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) MD Rekha Rani.
According to Poojitha, she was married to Vijay Gopal about 15 years ago and they have a son. “Last week, he suddenly left our house at around 12.30 am with all my jewellery and he married Rekha Rani on April 29,” she alleged. “My husband cheated on me. He married former Nellore Joint Collector and AP SAAP MD Rekha Rani on April 29.
I have threat from AP Inspector General of Police Anjana Sinha, who is involved in this matter and I request the police to take action against my husband,” said Poojitha. On receiving a representation, the Police Commissioner asked Poojitha to lodge a complaint at the Women Police Station and assured justice to her.
However, Rekha Rani told media that Vijay Gopal and Poojitha were in live-in relationship for long and were not married. She said Poojitha should approach the court or such appropriate authorities instead of going to the media.