- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Meet Bros changing mindsets
After delivering one party hit after the other, Meet Bros have also set their mark in romantic songs with the success of their song, ‘Ijazat’ from the film One Night Stand.
After delivering one party hit after the other, Meet Bros have also set their mark in romantic songs with the success of their song, ‘Ijazat’ from the film One Night Stand. The musical duo's ‘Girl I Need You’ and ‘Cham Cham’ from Baaghi were also romantic songs and have received a very positive response by the audience.
Their stint with party songs began with ‘Baby Doll’ and that became such a huge hit that it overpowered all their other songs. In fact they also got Salman Khan to sing their song ‘Hangover’, which was a romantic song from the film ‘Kick’. The year 2015 had everyone dancing to Meet Bros’ song ‘Chitiyaan Kalaaiyaan’ from the film ‘Roy’. The duo swept away all the awards for their music in ‘Roy’ (Meet Bros have won eight awards this season). 2016 showed a complete different side of their music, which as well was also accepted and loved by the audience.
Talking about the audience forming a notion of associating only party songs with Meet Bros, Harmeet from Meet Bros says, “The happiest news for us is that everyone has realised Meet Bros are not just about party songs — like how people think Mithun makes only romantic songs. We didn’t make an effort. We got stuck with this label because Baby Doll became such a big hit.”
About gradually changing the notion, Manmeet adds, “We are melody guys. In the next 10-15 years, when people look back at your career they will say Meet Bros are the romantic song guys.”
Party Song or not, the brothers are certainly taking over the Bollywood scene with their melodious numbers one after the other. Here’s wishing the duo all the luck for their future ventures. Meet Bros will be next seen in their single with T-Series, which is soon to release!