National award-winning director, Telugu film critic KNT Sastry passes away
Noted filmmaker and film critic KNT Sastry who had received seven national awards passed away at his home in Tirumulgherry on Thursday He was 70
Noted filmmaker and film critic KNT Sastry who had received seven national awards passed away at his home in Tirumulgherry on Thursday. He was 70.
Sastry won the awards in the film categories like Best Film Critic, Best Film Book Publisher, Best Film Book Writer, Best Documentary, Best First Film, Best Film and Best Regional Film awards. He entered film industry with a documentary on a drama group Surabhi. Apart from the national awards, he also won 12 international awards for the film Tiladaanam at Pusan International Film Festival
Born on September 5, 1945, Sastry started off his career working in various newspapers. He was a jury member for many international film festivals and also served as chairman of critics Jury at National Film Awards including Jury Member for Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards too.
His last film was Shaanu which is based on the game Kho-Kho.
- As BJP fields Sunny Deol from Gurdaspur, Kavita Khanna says 'felt betrayed'
- Delhi court sends N D Tiwari's daughter-in-law Apoorva to 2 day police custody
- Modi to hold Varanasi road show tomorrow, file nomination on April 26
- Arvind Kejriwal to release AAP's manifesto tomorrow
- 'Darkness will prevail, if Modi not get votes': Smriti Irani in Amethi