- Ongole: 80% of sudden deaths can be prevented: doctors
- PL Stock On Radar - HIND OIL EXP
- AP High Court asks Lokesh to co-operate with probe, directs CID to serve notices
- Puttaparthi: Sathya Sai dist set to be tourism hub says Collector P Arun Babu
- The role of pH in skin health: How to support your skin’s natural barrier?
- Cabinet Meeting postponed due to health issues of CM KCR
- YS Jagan arrives in Vijayawada, to release YSR Vahana Mitra funds
- Heavy rains to lash Telangana for next 5 days
- PL Stock Report - Apar Industries (APR IN) - Event Update - Company to raise fund - Accumulate
- BJP warned of severe agitation if govt does not suspend SP and DCF
Dasha Disha on farm sector : Need to reverse deprivation
Dasha Disha on farm sector Hyderabad: The plight of the peasant community and suicides of farmers were largely attributed to factors such as...
Dasha Disha on farm sector Hyderabad: The plight of the peasant community and suicides of farmers were largely attributed to factors such as crippled finances of families with small land holdings, lopsided policies of the Government, natural calamities, persisting drought conditions and injustice meted out in allocation of water resources at the "Dasha Disha" on Agricultre organised by the Rythu Rakshana Vedika, a joint initiative of HMTV and The Hans India, at Anantapur on Sunday. The speakers at the meet stressed the need for initiating special measures to reverse the process of deprivation that had reduced the status of farmer to that of a mere wage earner. Legislators and leaders from political parties and peasant bodies observed that the farmers were driven into distress as they were not in a position to cope with the ever increasing crop investments. Agriculture has been rendered non-remunerative, they felt. Farmers' suicides leave families distressed
- Govt pays no heed to their pleas for compensation
- It is worse in the case of farm labourers, tenant farmers
- Rythu Rakshana Vedika vows to take their plight to notice of govt, political parties