- Kangana gives chilling warning to enemies of nation in ‘Tejas’ teaser
- Pakistan inflation spikes to 31.4% amid high fuel, energy prices
- Amaal Mallik on why ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’ melodies continue to captivate listeners
- Yesteryear stars who came late to social media but caught up fast
- Malkajgiri DCC president resigns
- KCR announces long pending PRC for govt employees
- Anushka Sharma refuses to be photographed by paps amid pregnancy rumours
- Fight Masters Ram-Laxman heaps praise on Ravi Teja’s ‘Tiger Nageswara Rao’
- Former TDP minister taken into custody and shifted to Guntur PS
- Passenger tries to open emergency door before flight’s take-off; FIR slapped in Karnataka
OU Student commits suicide over Telangana
A student from the Osmania University committed suicide allegedly because of a delay in the formation of a separate Telangana state. The cops said...
A student from the Osmania University committed suicide allegedly because of a delay in the formation of a separate Telangana state. The cops said that he died early on Saturday. Bandaru Srinivas, an engineering student, was found hanging from a tree opposite the library on the Osmania University campus. He hails from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana region. Srinivas' friend said he was depressed over the delay to grant statehood to Telangana. The police has now A friend of Srinivas said he was depressed over the delay in granting statehood to Telangana. Police shifted the body to Gandhi Hospital where an autopsy was conducted. The incident led to tension on the campus, which has been witnessing clashes between police and pro-Telangana students over the past three days. Osmania University Students' Joint Action Committee demanded that the police hand over the body to them. They plan to bring the body to the campus to enable all students to pay their tributes. Telangana Joint Action Committee chairman M. Kodandaram, state BJP chief G. Kishan Reddy and some other leaders visited the hospital to pay their last respects to Srinivas. Srinivas is the third student to end his life on the university campus. Pro-Telangana groups say over 600 people, mostly youth, committed suicide in the last three years over the delay in the formation of Telangana state.