- Justice will save us from false cases: Lokesh
- PM Modi will visit Jodhpur on October 5: Shekhawat
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan draws mixed reviews for her Paris Fashion Week runway look
- 29.5 lakh tax audit reports filed on I-T Dept portal
- Nobel winning mRNA tech publicly funded, not by pharma
- Tickets in Rajasthan Assembly polls to be given on merit, says Pilot
- Karnataka Industries Min discusses investment opportunities with Consul-General at Houston in Texas
- Moderate quake hits Meghalaya, no damage reported
- IITH organises Swachhata Run campaign
- Aditya Thackeray demands cancellation of Maha Minister’s Europe jaunt
Three suspected Maoists detained at Palvancha
- Police catch them after a hot chase - Vehicle overturns while escaping - Woman suspected to be top Maoist's wife Khammam: Police detained three...
- Police catch them after a hot chase - Vehicle overturns while escaping - Woman suspected to be top Maoist's wife
Khammam: Police detained three suspected Maoists, including a woman, on the outskirts of Palvancha after chasing their vehicle on Monday. A They caught them when the car overturned after the driver lost control in his bid to escape. The police took the three to the Kothagudem OSD (Officer on Special Duty) for questioning.
The police believe that the woman is Pushpakka alias Ramya, wife of Chandranna, secretary of CPI (Maoist) Dandakaranya Committee. The other two are believed to be Dharma Raju and Prudhviraj, a student leader of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) in Hyderabad. However, the police refused to confirm their identity. The police, on definite information, followed the vehicle from Bhadrachalam to Kothagudem.
When the driver of the car found the police vehicle behind he tried to speed away. It overturned. A The suspected Maoists, it was learnt, were taking Pushpakka to a doctor, as she was suffering from malaria.