What’s in store at Comic Con?
The Hyderabad Comic Con at the Hitex Exhibition Centre promises to be one of the biggest pop culture shows of the year with over 100 participants, international guests, and exclusive programming content that includes sessions, comic launches, screenings and more.
The Hyderabad Comic Con at the Hitex Exhibition Centre promises to be one of the biggest pop culture shows of the year with over 100 participants, international guests, and exclusive programming content that includes sessions, comic launches, screenings and more. The event would feature contents from leading international pop culture brands in gaming, TV shows and movies.
1. International guests from across the world will take special sessions for the first time. These guests include:
- Ron Marz, an American comic book writer, known for his work on titles such as ‘Silver Surfer’, ‘Green Lantern’, ‘Marvel vs DC’, ‘Batman/Aliens’ and ‘Witchblade’.
- Nathan Edmondson, an American writer best known for Image Comic’s espionage series ‘Who Is Jake Ellis?’
- Vivek Tiwary, an Eisner Award winning and New York Times best-selling author and a Tony Award winning producer
2. Cosplay (Costume Contest)
- One of the major attractions at Comic Con will continue to give assured prizes to everyone in costume.
- Kids and adults can come dressed as their favorite comic character on all three days. One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 will get a chance to win a ticket to Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo 2015.
- One of the 3 Cosplay winners from Hyderabad would get a chance to go to the World Cosplay Championships. They would be shortlisted between the winners from Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai.
3. Exclusive Book Launches
- New titles will be launched including ‘Garuda’ by Orange Radius, ‘Item Dhamaka’ by Aayumi Productions, ‘Sarvasangraam’ by Raj Comics, ‘Dragon King’ by Raj Comics and ‘The Seven Beasts’ by Partridge Publications
4. Special play today
- A 15-minute play titled ‘Super Losers - When superheroes go through mid-life crisis’ would be staged from 4.30 pm.
5. Pop Culture Village
- A zone exclusively dedicated for hosting the trend-setting creative brands that are making waves in the design and crafts field, where the very best of Indian pop culture industry will be under one roof.
6. Exclusive EA Zone
- EA gaming station and specials sessions with EA team on each day of the event.
7. Character Appearances
- Power Rangers character appearances by Nickelodeon
8. Exclusive Artist Alley
- Artist Alley will feature some of the best local and national talent
9. Merchandise from all over the world
- Pick up some awesome anime and manga merch from Japanese merchandiser IINE, t-shirts, mugs, toys, posters, cushions, and exclusive merchandise at Kook N Keech by Myntra, Wacom, Collectors Heritage, Hysteria, Chumbak, Chimp, Planet Superheroes, Lazy Ninja and lots more.
Entry charges for the convention
Day Online On-site
(in Rs) (in Rs)
Friday 150 200
Saturday 250 300
Sunday 250 300