- Second consecutive victory for the Telugu Talons as they edge past Golden Eagles Uttar Pradesh
- 21-year-old youth found dead inside car in Delhi
- Asmi Jain's work exemplifies Indian iOS developers' creativity: Tim Cook
- Army to procure high bandwidth backhaul wireless 'Tactical LAN Radio'
- ED raids 27 locations in Rajasthan in paper leak case
- CBI Creates Special Team To Look Into The Violence In Manipur
- Arvind Kejriwal moves Gujarat HC seeking review of its order on PM's degree
- Rupee rises 4 paise against US dollar
- BJP and Congress destroyed Singareni, flays CM KCR
- Implement employee-specific Cabinet decisions in 2 months: AP CM tells officials
Water dispensing centres launched
Anhueser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) announced the launch of Water Dispensing Centers in the Sangareddy district on Friday.
Sangareddy: Anhueser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) announced the launch of Water Dispensing Centers in the Sangareddy district on Friday.
The Water Dispensing Centres are located in accessible locations and will mobilise community members from ten villages
Ensuring water access and quality across high-stress communities, reinforcing its commitment to their 2025 global sustainability goals on water stewardship AB InBev collaborated with International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) to launch the Water Dispensing Centres at Sivampet and Sultanpur in the Sangareddy district.
Sarpanch of Shivampet DevuniMalleshwari, Sarpanch of Sultanpur BandlaKaruna, and Sarpanch of the remaining eight villages inaugurated these Water Dispensing Centres along with company representatives from Charminar Breweries and Crown Breweries.
Speaking on the occasion AB InBev President, Ben Verhaert, said, “We are strongly committed to our Global 2025 Sustainability Goals and focussed on delivering our water stewardship goal well ahead of 2025. The delivery of these goals will have wide-reaching impact that includes ensuring water access and quality in high-stress communities.
We are delighted to collaborate with ICRISAT to launch Water Dispensing Centres in Sivampet and Sultanpur of Sangareddy district in Telangana that will surely mobilise community members across ten villages in the region and generate employment. This is yet another step to ensure that we improve the quality and management of water resources in areas that we operate.”
The Water Dispensing Centres are located in accessible locations and will mobilise community members from ten villages namely Vendikol, Chakryal, VenkaetKistapur, Korpol Shivampet, Sultanpur, Fasalvadki, Choutakour, Bommaredddygura and Upergudam in the Sangareddy district.
These ten villages are also part of the integrated watershed development initiative supported by AB InBev for rainwater harvesting and efficient use of water thus, improving the livelihoods of the people in these villages. Installation of these dispensing centres has also created employment opportunities - local women self-help groups are in-charge of maintaining the units.
Sarpanch of Shivampet Devuni Malleshwari, said “We are thankful to AB InBev for setting up the water dispensing centres. We strongly believe that our battle with access to safe and affordable drinking water for these areas will soon be resolved,” she said.