Gobhi ke Patte ki Chutney at Lamakaan
Lamakaan Programming Team is presenting a solo performance, Gobhi ke Patte ki Chutney, by Zeeshan Hasan Akhtars on December 23 on its premises at 730 pm
Lamakaan Programming Team is presenting a solo performance, ‘Gobhi ke Patte ki Chutney,’ by Zeeshan Hasan Akhtar’s on December 23 on its premises at 7:30 pm. The performance is a quiet meditation on what it means to be a Muslim in India. Starting with the founding moment of post-Independence communal violence that contributed to inauguration of the Hindutva project, the Bhagalpur riots in Bihar in 1989, without mentioning the place or the forces behind the violence, Akhtar builds a menacing and moving account of a subjectivity formed in the crucible of communal violence.
‘GobhikePatteki Chutney’ is a subtle and deeply disturbing account of the more primal components of human subjectivity told in a theatrical language that eschews spectacle and settles for a record of the tremors of a heartbeat.
What: ‘Gobhi ke Patte ki Chutney’
When: December 23 at 7:30pm
- Pakistan will celebrate Diwali if Congress wins LS elections: Vijay Rupani
- Naveen Patnaik says no national party will receive Majority in upcoming LS polls
- BJD announces 9 assembly constituencies candidates
- AAP in Delhi moves SC seeking constitution to decide who controls services
- Supreme Court dismisses plea challenging constitutional validity 'triple talaq' ordinance