- PM Narendra Modi visit to Mahbubnagar and Nizamabad, here is the schedule finalised
- Visakhapatnam: GITAM inks pact with Botanic Healthcare
- New Delhi: Danish Ali writes to PM Narendra Modi, calls for ‘suitable punishment’
- Visakhapatnam: Chopper to throw seed balls in hilly areas
- Visakhapatnam: Cops bust betting racket, arrest 11
- Congested Poorna Market road to be widened
- New Delhi: India’s stand on Galwan made world take note of us says Army chief General Manoj Pande
- Pawan Kalyan’s Varahi Yatra from tomorrow
- New Delhi: Bail granted to accused in narcotics case
- SP Jagadeesh inspects black spots on highway
African man left to drown in Venice's Grand Canal
Italian magistrates have opened an investigation after video was posted on the Internet showing an African man drowning in Venice\'s Grand Canal as onlookers watched from nearby boats, local media said on Wednesday.
undefined: Italian magistrates have opened an investigation after video was posted on the Internet showing an African man drowning in Venice's Grand Canal as onlookers watched from nearby boats, local media said on Wednesday.
At least three life rings were thrown into the water near the man, who was named as Pateh Sabally, a 22-year-old Gambian, but he did not appear to reach for them, raising speculation he wanted to commit suicide. No-one jumped in to help him. Police said the incident happened on Sunday.
A video recording shown on various news websites appeared to pick up some bystanders yelling at the flailing man. "He is stupid. He wants to die," says one person.
More than 181,000 refugees arrived in Italy by boat in 2016, most of them from sub-Saharan Africa, an increase of almost 18% compared with 2015.
Italian media said Sabally had residency papers for Italy.