- Fashion beyond the runway with India’s first fashion festival
- Nifty records all-time high
- International Women’s Day 2024: History, Significance, and Theme
- ‘Vyooham’ review: RGV mark political sattire
- Must take permission before launching AI models, safeguard electoral process: Centre to Big Tech
- 5 Sleep Strategies for Diabetics: Manage Blood Sugar Naturally
- B’luru cafe blast a rehearsal, indicative of impending attacks: BJP leader CT Ravi
- Shveta Rani, the latest dreamer from Alakhpura
- India should now move to higher poverty line: Author of Brookings report
- Navigating Ramadan: Finding Harmony Between Technology and Spirituality
Chinese President meets US Secretary of State
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday met visiting US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, saying cooperation is the only \"right\" choice for both countries.
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday met visiting US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, saying cooperation is the only "right" choice for both countries.
"There are important development opportunities resulting from China-US ties," said Xi at the meeting in the Great Hall of People in Beijing.
Xi said he had maintained sound communications with his US counterpart Donald Trump through telephone calls and messages and they had agreed that the two countries could be good partners, Xinhua news agency reported.
To advance China-US ties in a healthy and steady manner, both sides, Xi said, could "enhance exchanges at high level and various levels; expand cooperation in bilateral, regional and global fields; and properly address and manage sensitive issues".
Xi suggested that the two countries increase strategic trust and mutual understanding, review bilateral ties from long-term and strategic perspectives and expand fields of cooperation for win-win outcomes.
"The two countries should also enhance coordination on regional hotspot issues, respect each other's core interests and major concerns and encourage friendly exchanges between the two peoples."
Xi also extended welcome to President Trump for a visit to China.
Tillerson said the US was "ready to develop relations with China based on the principle of no conflict, no confrontation, mutual respect and win-win cooperation".
After visiting Japan and South Korea in his first visit to Asia as the chief US diplomat, Tillerson arrived in China on Saturday, where he met his Chinese counterpart, Wang Yi, and State Councillor Yang Jiechi, in Beijing on Saturday.