- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen jailed for 3 yrs, says ‘job was to cover his dirty deeds’
US President Donald Trumps former lawyer Michael Cohen delivered a blistering attack on his former boss as he was sentenced to three years in prison on Wednesday for multiple crimes
New York: US President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen delivered a blistering attack on his former boss as he was sentenced to three years in prison on Wednesday for multiple crimes.
"It was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds," Cohen said as he pleaded for leniency before US District Judge William H. Pauley III.
Cohen, 52, said he was taking responsibility for his crimes "including those implicating the President of the United States of America."
Cohen's lawyers had asked for no jail time after he pleaded guilty to tax evasion, making false statements to a financial institution, illegal campaign contributions, and making false statements to Congress.
But Judge Pauley sentenced Cohen to three years in jail.
Among the charges against Cohen was making "hush money" payments to two women who had threatened to go public during the 2016 presidential election campaign with claims they had affairs with Trump.
Trump this week sought to minimize the importance of the payments saying they were a "simple private transaction" and that they were "wrongly" being called campaign contributions.