- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
- Delhi Police arrest NewsClick founder Prabir Purkayastha
Honour Killing? A 19-year-old girl hangs herself in Nagireddipalli village.
On Monday a 19yearold girl was found dead at Nagireddipalli village under Giddalur police limits in a suspected case of honour killing The deceased was identified as Kondaboina Indra Kalavathi Kalavathi is a matriculate who had failed to crack her Intermediate examination after several attempts
KOMAROLE (PRAKASAM): On Monday a 19-year-old girl was found dead at Nagireddipalli village under Giddalur police limits in a suspected case of honour killing. The deceased was identified as Kondaboina Indra Kalavathi. Kalavathi is a matriculate who had failed to crack her Intermediate examination after several attempts.
Villagers said that the family carried out the cremation in a hurry by raising questions over the circumstances of her death. The police have filed a case under Section 174 of CrPC (suspicious death) and are waiting for the post-mortem report to find out about the cause of death.
According to Mallikarjuna the Giddalur sub-inspector the death could be a case of honour killing or suicide. Mallikarjuna said that the family told him that they found Kalavathi hanging herself around 1 AM. Her father Avulaiah (55), a retired BSF constable, cremated her to avoid any police case. Villagers who knew about the affair of Kalavathi with a Dalit boy noticed that she was cremated at an open ground and informed the police.
Police have taken Avulaiah into custody. Mallikarjuna said Avulaiah was against his daughter’s relationship and said the girl was engaged to another man. Cops suspect that the relationship of Kalavathi with the Dalit might play a role, if the post-mortem indicates towards a suicide or murder.
Villagers said that the father and the daughter used to quarrel over the latter’s relationship with the Dalit boy and they have also had a fight regarding it on Sunday. Police sources, however, said that the boy had denied any relationship with Kalavathi.