- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Actor Duniya Vijay booked under IPC section 153
A charge sheet has been registered by the police against the actor Duniya Vijay for allegedly making it difficult for them to carry out their duty
BENGALURU: A charge sheet has been registered by the police against the actor Duniya Vijay for allegedly making it difficult for them to carry out their duty.
The 65-page charge sheet which has been submitted to the court also accuses Vijay of misbehaving with the police when they went to arrest the film producer Sundar P Gowda. The latter is an accused regarding the Thippagondanahalli reservoir tragedy where two actors had drowned while shooting for a film on November 7, 2016.
Vijay has been booked under IPC section 353 (obstructing police from carrying out their duty). Sundar Gowda had been skipping the court hearings and a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him.
On the night of May 30, as per the two constables who had visited Sundar Gowda house at Chennammanakere. Achukattu Gowda opened the door, and asked the cops to wait for him, while he called Vijay, who rushed to Gowda’s house and fought with the cops by saying that they shouldn’t arrest Gowda. During this scuffle, the producer escaped.