Aero India to celebrate 'Women's Day' in Bengaluru
A Womens Day will be celebrated on Saturday at the biennial Aero India 2019 expo being held at the Yelahanka base of the Indian Air Force IAF, said an air force official on Friday
Bengaluru:A 'Women's Day' will be celebrated on Saturday at the biennial Aero India 2019 expo being held at the Yelahanka base of the Indian Air Force (IAF), said an air force official on Friday.
"The 'Women's Day' will showcase women's achievements in the aerospace sector, an all-women crew will fly Dornier and Avro aircraft and participate in panel discussions at the venue," said the official here.
Built by the state-run aerospace major HAL, Dornier and Avro are multi-purpose twin turboprop aircraft used for ferrying passengers and cargo in military and civil operations.
"Three women IAF fighter pilots will also fly Hawk-I advanced jet trainer of BAE Systems plc and an upgraded version of the Russian-made MiG-21," said the official but did not name them.
Women achievers in the sector will be felicitated and a book and film on 'Women in Aviation' will be released.
The defence behemoth HAL makes Hawk advanced jet trainers under licence production from BAE Systems plc.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students