Will win Haryana\'s all 10 LS seats on our own: BJP
Haryanas ruling BJP said on Saturday that it was capable of fighting the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections on its own and was focussing on winning all the 10 parliamentary seats in the state
Rohtak (Haryana): Haryana's ruling BJP said on Saturday that it was capable of fighting the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections on its own and was focussing on winning all the 10 parliamentary seats in the state.
"The BJP is capable of contesting and winning the elections on its own," the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) state in-charge Anil Jain told media after a meeting of party leaders here.
The meeting was attended by senior party leader Kalraj Mishra, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, state BJP president Subhash Barala, ministers and legislators.
"We are focussing on winning all 10 Lok Sabha seats in the state," Khattar told reporters.
Barala said that the opposition parties had no issues for the forthcoming elections, alleging that the Congress and Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) were even unable to find candidates to field in the elections.
The BJP has been in power in Haryana since October 2014, while it had won seven out of the 10 Lok Sabha seats in the 2014 parliamentary elections.
The INLD won two seats and the Congress bagged one seat.
- Results will be in favour of Cong, says Maken; Meenakshi Lekhi calls Oppn nervous
- Rahul Gandhi will be our new Prime Minister, says Stalin
- Three counting stations set up in Wayanad parliamentary constituency
- Candidates all geared up with near and dear ones for the Lok-Sabha election results
- Sushma, Qureshi exchange pleasantries on sidelines of SCO meeting