World Diabetes Day is observed across the globe on 14th November, the birthday of Frederick Banting, whose work with Charles Best led to the discovery of insulin in the year 1921.
Fight against Diabetes: Right to a healthy living
Shocking facts and figures about diabetes. Act now, before it’s too late!
- Currently, 425 million people are diabetic
- By 2045 over 690 million people are set to get affected
- More than 200 people don’t know that they are diabetic
- Every hour there are more than 1000 new cases of diabetes
- Every 8 seconds someone dies from diabetes
- Every 5 minutes, a diabetic patient suffers from Heart Attack
- Every 30 seconds, a diabetic patient loses a limb
- 90% of type 2 diabetes cases can be prevented
Diabetes is a chronic condition in which the body's ability to process blood glucose is impaired. While it cannot be cured completely, diabetes can be managed, to a large extent, by eating a healthy diet, exercising and leading a healthy lifestyle. Diet and physical activity are the cornerstones of good diabetes management, for all types of diabetes as well as for people at risk. Diabetes is no obstacle to living a full and productive life. You can live your life in style through healthy diet and exercise!
Diabetes is becoming a serious global health issue. No country is resistant from this deadly disease. It has turned out to be one of the most common health conditions in recent times. While it cannot be cured completely, it can be managed. If it is not managed, brings with it many serious complications, but this can be prevented or delayed by eating a healthy diet, living an active and healthy lifestyle. Type 2 diabetes accounts for the vast majority of diabetes cases and most of these could be avoided. You will be surprised to know that type 2 diabetes is both avoidable and curable.