- Patanjali Foods Shares Slip
- India retail market set to reach $2 trillion in next decade: Report
- Nearly 10 lakh students appearing in Telangana intermediate exams
- Pasted Chinese stickers, insulted ISRO scientists: PM Modi lambasts DMK at public rally
- Major art exhibition 'Calcutta Painters' to be held in Delhi
- ICMR-NIRRCH to offer free testing, counselling to tackle rare diseases
- Is Taapsee Pannu Getting Married? Here's What We Know!
- Meta Founder Zuckerberg meets LG CEO to discuss AR strategy
- 2017 actress assault case: Kerala HC refuses to cancel Dileep's bail
- ACA says teammates were 'threatened' to sign letter of support in favour of Hanuma Vihari, claims report
Assam tea workers may get 20 pc puja bonus
Assam Tea Workers May Get 20 Pc Puja Bonus . October 3 : Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday asked all the tea companies to pay 20 per cent puja bonus to the tea workers.
Guwahati : Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday asked all the tea companies to pay 20 per cent puja bonus to the tea workers.
In a statement Gogoi said that the tea companies should pay 20 per cent puja bonus to the tea workers which is their due.
“It is our duty to see that the tea workers’ interests are protected and they get their due in time. The tea companies which have not decided as yet to pay 20 per cent bonus should make their stand clear to avoid any unrest or resentment,” Gogoi said.
He also said that Assam Tea Corporation Limited has already committed to pay 20 per cent as Puja bonus to the tea workers.
“When the loss making Assam Tea Corporation Limited can dispense 20 per cent puja bonus, other tea companies should also replicate the same for the benefits of the tea workers”, Gogoi said.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)