- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Poverty drives Four of family to suicide
Poverty Drives Four Of Family To Suicide. Four persons of a family had committed suicide for poverty in Assam\'s Barpeta district on Sunday.
Guwahati : Four persons of a family had committed suicide for poverty in Assam's Barpeta district on Sunday.
The incident took place at Sarthebari area in the lower Assam district, where a farmer, his wife and two sons committed suicide.
Local people had recovered the bodies inside the house of the farmer.
A local villager alleged that, Prabin Barman and his wife Suparna Barman had killed their two sons, who studying in a high school and later committed suicide.
Police had sent the bodies to hospital for postmortem.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)