- Govt okays Rs 1.26-trn worth 3 semicon plants
- Hyderabad: CM A Revanth Reddy all praise for badminton player
- Hyderabad: State government rolls out guidelines to fix Dharani glitches; Drive from today
- Happy Women’s Day 2024: 7 Powerful Ways to Celebrate and Empower Women
- Key indices drift higher on fag-end short covering
- Protests by TDP Women Leaders Rock Nellore City
- Indian pace of innovation rising: Gates
- Altairo opens European luxury furniture outlet
- Space Calendar March 2024: Rocket Launch Details
- Kriti Sanon Ventures into Production with Thriller 'Do Patti'
India's Sridhar Chillal sets record for world's longest nails
India\'s Shridhar Chillal has made it to the Guinness Book of World records for the longest fingernails on one hand ever.Chillal, who has not cut his fingernails since 1952, said that he has paid a price for his terrifying talons.
India's Shridhar Chillal has made it to the Guinness Book of World records for the longest fingernails on one hand ever.Chillal, who has not cut his fingernails since 1952, said that he has paid a price for his terrifying talons.
The combined length of his fingernails is 909.6cm and one of his thumbnails alone is two metres long, The Mirror reports.
The 78-year-old said that his nails were nothing but trouble in his younger years. He has also offered to dedicate his nails to a museum.
Chillal's passion of growing his nails started when he was beaten up by a teacher in school for breaking one of his nails and was told that he would never understand the kind of care required not to break them.
Shridhar said that his family members opposed but he decided from that point on that he would never cut his nails again, adding that this was the biggest goal in his life.