- Pathikonda police cracks kidnap case within hours
- Many Cong leaders await nominated posts allocation
- Did you know Fat Stores Result in Vitamin D Deficiency?
- Mahabubnagar: Manyam Brahmotsavam concludes on grand note
- EC debunks 'fake' WhatsApp message on LS poll dates
- Mahindra varsity to organise international meet on law & AI
- Navigating Menopausal Changes: A Guide to Managing Urinary and Sexual Health
- Officials told to gear up for pulse polio on March 3
- NCC cadets begin adventure ride on horseback
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
Himachal CM gives Rs.25 lakh for ski lift in Narkanda
Shimla: To promote skiing in the picturesque tourist resort of Narkanda in upper Shimla, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday...
Shimla: To promote skiing in the picturesque tourist resort of Narkanda in upper Shimla, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday announced Rs.25 lakh for setting up a ski lift, a statement said.
Speaking at a function after inaugurating an automated teller machine (ATM) of Himachal Pradesh State Co-operative Bank at Narkanda, some 65 km from the state capital, Virbhadra Singh said Narkanda and Kotgarh areas are known worldwide for their apples and off-season vegetables.
He exhorted the people to help in preserving the customs and culture of society. He said the ancient architecture should be adopted while reconstructing temples as many temples were being constructed in modern style.
The Narkanda slopes are ideal for beginners, not for professionals, an official of the state-run Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports in Manali told IANS.
A large number of private tour operators are providing both skiing apparatus and instructors to the skiers at Narkanda.
The Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corp's (HPTDC) Hatu Hotel at Narkanda provides ski apparatus during winter.