- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
- Birds of different feathers flock to avian island at Neknampur Lake
- All set for Inter exams from today
- Untold Stories of our Temples-3: Oh man! Govt apathy dogs God’s abode
- TDP chief may address public meet in Nellore on March 2
- INDIA bloc conceded defeat: Modi
- Guntur: Students told to focus on research
All three parties of Mahagathbandhan would be part of new govt: Nitish
Chief Minister-designate Nitish Kumar on Saturday confirmed that leaders from all the three parties of the Grand Alliance would be a part of the new government in Bihar.
Patna: Chief Minister-designate Nitish Kumar on Saturday confirmed that leaders from all the three parties of the Grand Alliance would be a part of the new government in Bihar.
Nitish was speaking to the media after he met the Governor to stake a claim to form the new government.
"We (Mahagathbandhan) fought the elections together, we will live up to the expectations of the people in Bihar together as well...Leaders from all three parties of the Mahagathbandhan will form the Government in Bihar," he said.
Nitish was earlier today elected as the legislature party Leader of the Mahagathbandhan, which comprises of the Janata Dal (United), the Rashtriya Janata Dal and the Congress Party.
The newly-elected legislators of the JD-U had met at the residence of Nitish and had elected him as their leader.
Nitish had also submitted his resignation to Governor Ramnath Kovind after the cabinet decided to recommend the dissolution of the outgoing assembly.