- Adani Group to invest Rs 75,000 crore in MP, Pranav Adani sees infinite possibilities for growth
- Student Ends Life After Missing Exam
- Foundation Laying Ceremony Held for construction of BT roads in Visakha East Constituency
- Thrilling Results from BoxingBay Fight Nightshy
- Daily Forex Rates (01-03-2024)
- Google Acquires Photomath, Math Problem Solver at Your Fingertips
- Adari Anand Kumar inaugurates new building in 90 th ward in GVMC
- 20 families in Kadiri town join YSRCP
- Scholarships For Students
- Projects worth Rs 48K crore to create 14,000 jobs in Ayodhya, Varanasi, Mathura
Peter was part of cospiracy: CBI
A special CBI court on Friday sent former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea to CBI custody till Monday as the agency charged him with the murder of his stepdaughter Sheena Bora. Mukerjea was arrested late on Thursday evening in connection with the sensational 2012 Sheena Bora murder case.
Sheena Bora murder case
Mumbai: A special CBI court on Friday sent former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea to CBI custody till Monday as the agency charged him with the murder of his stepdaughter Sheena Bora. Mukerjea was arrested late on Thursday evening in connection with the sensational 2012 Sheena Bora murder case.
The charges include those of kidnapping, murder, criminal conspiracy, destruction of evidence and attempt to murder. However, the motive behind Sheena Bora's killing is not yet clear.
The CBI remand application brought forth a new inheritance angle, besides financial, as one of the factors that triggered the crime and accused Peter Mukerjea of playing an active role along with Indrani in the murder.
Referring to the conspiracy, the remand plea mentioned how Khanna allegedly dissuaded Indrani from killing her son Mikhail Bora - Sheena's brother - the same night as it would be difficult to handle two dead bodies simultaneously.
After Indrani learnt that Peter Mukerjea's son from a previous marriage, Rahul, was engaged to Sheena in Dehradun in 2011, she was worried that they would be entitled to a share in inheritance in Peter Mukerjea's wealth ever though he had already made a will in favour of Vidhie, her daughter through Khanna.
However, the defence counsel argued that at the time of Sheena's murder, Peter Mukerjea was in London and merely speaking on phone did not amount to conspiring in the crime. He also said Peter did not have any financial dealings with Sheena, so there was no motive for the crime.
Earlier on Friday, Additional Metropolitan Magistrate R.V. Adone extended the judicial custody of Indrani, Khanna and Rai till December 3. The court also committed the case to the CBI special court for hearing. According to investigators, Sheena Bora, 24, an employee with a private company in Mumbai, was allegedly strangulated in a car on the night of April 24, 2012.