- SC orders TN govt to properly train police officers on collection of digital evidence
- Calcutta HC allows central fact-finding team, LoP to visit Sandeshkhali
- India makes strong pitch for restoration of Appellate Body at WTO
- Homegrown Addverb unveils India's 1st assistive dog robot
- China agrees to rollover Pakistan’s $2 bn debt on existing terms
- Men can be victims of sexual assault too, observes Kerala High Court
- FM Sitharaman to launch Electronic Data Interchange facility for Customs stations in NE states
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik's comebacks go in vain as DY Patil Blue lose by one run
- Six personalities named for Akademi Ratna, 92 for Sangeet Natak Akademi awards
- Thousands of devotees take part in 'Palkhi Yatra' at BAPS UAE temple
Congress-AIUDF secret plan to make Assam an extended part of Bangladesh: Amit Shah
BJP national president Amit Shah on Friday said that, Congress and All India United Democratic front (AIUDF) have secret plan to make Assam an extended part of Bangladesh.
Guwahati: BJP national president Amit Shah on Friday said that, Congress and All India United Democratic front (AIUDF) have secret plan to make Assam an extended part of Bangladesh.
Addressing a party workers rally in Dibrugarh of Upper Assam, Shah said that, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi is talking to AIUDF chief Badaruddin Ajmal in closed door for pre-poll understanding and these two parties have secret plan to make Assam an extended part of Bangladesh.
“Congress allowed illegal immigrants from Bangladesh to enter Assam for vote bank politics and they safeguard to the illegal immigrants, which have posed a serious security threat to the nation,” Amit Shah said. “Congress who was in power in center for 10 years and in Assam for 15 years had left international border unattended,” the BJP national president said.
Attacked to the Assam CM, Shah said that, a party who is talking to AIUDF how can check the illegal immigrants and safeguard to the indigenous people of Assam. “The land swap deal with Bangladesh will enable the country to secure and fencing build along the international border,” Shah said.
The BJP national president said that, the Modi government has given top priority of the development in Assam and entire the north eastern region. “Centre and state will make joint effort to tackle the years long flood problem in Assam,” Shah said.
“Assam will be the first state in north east where BJP will form the government in 2016,” the BJP president said. The saffron party had sounded poll bungle in Assam on Friday after defeat in Bihar assembly poll.
Shah had appealed to the party workers to make a clumsy prepare for the next assembly poll in the state hardly left for four months. After defeat in Bihar, BJP eyes in Assam to make a history. The saffron party had recently appointed Union minister Sarbananda Sonowal as the new Assam unit president and formed a Election Management Committee.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)