- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Pathankot: Fresh gunshots, explosions heard from attack site
Fresh gunshots and explosions were heard from the Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot where a massive combing operation is underway to smoke out the hiding terrorists, after four were neutralised by the security forces.
Pathankot : Fresh gunshots and explosions were heard from the Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot where a massive combing operation is underway to smoke out the hiding terrorists, after four were neutralised by the security forces.
An IAF chopper was seeing hovering above the site and a National Security Guard team has also teamed up along with the Indian Army to foil the terrorist plans.
According to sources, the terrorists had infiltrated into India three days ago from Bahawalpur in Pakistan.
The Ministry of External Affairs has said that the immediate focus is on resolving the situation in Pathankot as the operations continue.
Three defence personnel have been martyred, four terrorists have neutralised and the hunt is underway to take out the hiding terrorists in the site.
Later in the day, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar is expected to chair a high-level security meeting that will include the three service chiefs and heads of various key security and intelligence agencies to review the overall security situation and to assess the situation on ground.
The attack comes days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a surprising move met his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in Lahore, initiating a positive step towards the peace process between both the hostile nations.
However, this recent attack in bound to put a dent on the dialogues between the hostile neighbours and the Congress has demanded to know whether Prime Minister Modi will take up the issue with Sharif.