- Shanmukh Jaswanth: Updates on Investigation of Telangana YouTuber Drug Case
- World NGO Day 2024: Date, history and significance of the day
- Chiranjeevi blesses Varun Tej’s‘Operation Valentine’ at grand pre-release event
- IIT-Delhi , R Systems International to launch AI centre for sustainable systems
- International Polar Bear Day 2024: Date, history, significance and all you need to know about this day
- Yami Gautam's ‘Article 370’ Takes the Box Office by Storm, Leaving Vidyut Jammwal's ‘Crakk’ in the Dust
- PhonePe’s Indus Appstore crosses 1L downloads within 3 days of launch
- Made mistake by retweeting YouTuber Dhruv Rathee's video, Kejriwal tells Supreme Court
- Pankaj Udas passed away at the age of 73
- In a significant development, the TTD removed senior priest
Water tanker hits Qatar Airways plane at Kolkata airport, none hurt
More than 100 passengers were stranded at Kolkata airport early Thursday after a water tanker hit a Qatar Airways aircraft, which was preparing to take off for Doha
Kolkata: More than 100 passengers were stranded at Kolkata airport early Thursday after a water tanker hit a Qatar Airways aircraft, which was preparing to take off for Doha.
Around 2.30am, when passengers were boarding the plane, a water tanker hit the belly of the Doha-bound flight, near the landing gear, an official of Airports Authority of India (AAI) said.
The plane was immediately grounded for inspection and the passengers were safely de-boarded, he said.
No one was hurt in the accident, the official noted.
"All 103 passengers of the flight have been provided accommodation at a nearby hotel. They will be taking the 3am flight to Doha tomorrow (Friday)," he said.
Initial inspection suggests that the water tanker had technical issues, the brake wasn't functioning properly, the AAI official added.
Meanwhile, a source in the DGCA said an inquiry has been initiated into the incident. "We will take corrective measures based on the inquiry report," he said.