Coached 9-yr-old girl senses uncle’s inappropriate touch
A nineyearold girl opened up to her teacher about being inappropriately touched by a man when the students were being taught good touch and bad touch at a school in the Vivek Vihar area of Shahdara district, police said on Friday
New Delhi: A nine-year-old girl opened up to her teacher about being “inappropriately touched” by a man when the students were being taught “good touch” and “bad touch” at a school in the Vivek Vihar area of Shahdara district, police said on Friday.
On Thursday, during a class, when the teacher was explaining about “good touch” and “bad touch”, the minor girl went up to her and said that the man, whom she referred as uncle, who stays in their house, touched her “inappropriately” following which the teacher informed her parents and asked about the “uncle”, they said.
Her parents then approached the Vivek Vihar Police Station and filed a complaint, they said.
Confirming the incident, Meghna Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shahdara), said a case was registered under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) and other relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code.
- Lok Sabha Results 2019: Track winners, losers and other details in real-time
- Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Know How Votes Are Counted
- MHA asks States, UTs to remain alert; says calls given in various quarters for inciting violence
- Opposition sore losers, desperation over VVPAT issue indication of defeat: Paswan
- 4-tier security at all 28 Karnataka counting centres