The rationale behind Rayala Telangana...
The Rationale Behind Rayala Telangana..., Telangana Issue, Cabinet Decision On Rayala Telangana. Since the CWC decision to carve out Telangana, the...
It is the misfortune of the people of AP that there is not a single strong leader to protest against the UPA-II's unprincipled stand. The GOM leaks and the intelligence inquiries are creating confusion among the people.
After recognizing the bottlenecks obstructing the process of T-formation, it started playing the Rayala Telangana card which is considered a ‘jinda tilismat’ for all problems. This proposal was vehemently opposed by T-protagonists as well as by the people of Rayalaseema. It seems that the Congress party has been thinking only in terms of its political advantages.
It is to be noted that the Cabinet note has provided the rationale for carving out T-state. It persuaded the UPA-II to follow the CWC decision to form T-state with 10 districts. Further the top brass of the Congress has blown its trumpet about the inviolability of the CWC decision. But now the UPA-II is moving its pawns speedily in favour of Rayal Telangana by breaching the CWC decision.
This is a political stratagem to put a check on TDP and YSRCP and for the safe passage of T Bill in the Assembly. It could be easy to tear off the State into two pieces by a political decision but if it is done without any rationale it will harm the integrity of the nation. The Congress party by bulldozing all democratic norms has been trying to bag the credit for the formation of the 29th State.
It is the misfortune of the people of AP that there is not a single strong leader to protest against the UPA-II's unprincipled stand. The GOM leaks and the intelligence inquiries are creating confusion among the people. It is better if the UPA Government pays heed to the recommendations of Justice Sri Krishna Committee's 8th chapter(unrevealed) which speaks of the mushrooming of problems that the division of the State entails such as Naxalism, problems of migration, uncertainty in the field of education, political instability and communal disharmony.
The UPA-II has initiated the bifurcation process without a proper planning. It failed to follow the existing guidelines for the formation of new States. It has turned a deaf ear to its own nominated Chief Minister Kiran Reddy. The new proposal of GoM for Rayala Telangana may not help the Congress party in any way.
Rayala Telangana would throw up the following problems:
1) Telangana people who fought and sacrificed lives for their identity won’t accept Rayal Telangana.
2) TRS and BJP will not support this proposal because it will be suicidal for their political existence.
3) Rayalaseema will lose its cultural identity. The people of the four districts would oppose the move.
4) If RT is formed with 12 districts the remaining two district of Chittoor and Kadapa will be left in Seemandhra like poor cousins.
5) There will be a danger to communal harmony.
6) It will promote more migration for livelihood from Kadapa and Chittoor to Hyderabad.
7) Though this proposal may get support of the MLAs in Kurnool and Anatapur districts, the politicians and ordinary people of Telangana would not fall in line.