- Lavanya Tripathi Biography: Age, Personal life, Career, Physical Appearance, Marriage, Movies, Serials, Photos
- KTR dares Revanth and Raghunandan to submit evidence over allegations on ORR tendering
- WWDC 2023: Apple to unveil new Macs, AR/VR Headsets, and iOS 17
- Telangana govt. sanctions Rs. 15 crore for Bonalu, Talasani asks temples to submit applications
- Despite worries, 83% of Indian workers willing to let AI help at job
- Indian-American teen wins $50,000 Young Scientist award
- MG Motor India Reports Sales of 5006 units for the month of May 2023
- Akshaya Patra Foundation resumes Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Bengaluru
- India removes evolution and periodic table from text books
- How to eat better
Ujjain. It was the capital of India a long time ago.
Just take a map of India and look for the town of Ujjain on it.
It is almost at the centre of our country.
It was the capital of India a long time ago.
It is also a sacred city.
This city has been famous from ancient times for its great temple and great kings.
Mahakala is the name of the deity of the temple. It is in the form of a Linga. The river Sipra flows through the city. Pilgrims from all over the country visit this holy city.
They bathe in the holy river Sipra. They worship Lord Mahakala.
Lord Krishna, his brother Balarama and friend Sudama had their education here under their teacher Sandipani.
Many great kings ruled this city in the past.
King Vikramaditya was the foremost among them.
The great poet Kalidasa was at the court of King Vikramaditya.
At Vikramaditya’s court there were nine great scholars.
They were known as ‘the nine gems of the court’.
Kalidasa Day is celebrated here every year.
Every twelve years, a mela is held in this place.
People in large numbers from all over the country gather here on the occasion, take holy bath and do worship.
(From Culture Course-BVB)