- 'Engineer' Chief Minister has failed in Bihar: BJP ridicules Nitish Kumar
- UK: Manchester University flags cyber security breach, detects 'unauthorised activity'
- AI in current form no threat to jobs: Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- WTC Final: Would have picked Ashwin for his batting, let alone his bowling, says Steve Waugh
- ‘It’s at 30 when real adulting hits you,’ says Tamannaah Bhatia
- Here is the runtime of NBK’s ‘Bhagavanth Kesari’ teaser
- Indian-American White House Covid response coordinator to step down
- India open to FTA talks bilaterally or individually with African nations: Piyush Goyal
- Supreme Court seeks report from Madras HC on lack of women toilets at Nilgiris court complex
- Qantas eases gender-based uniform rules
Betting in IPL: Summons issued to hotelier Vikram Aggarwal
The probe into theA IPL betting case gets murkier. Prominent hotelierA Vikram Aggarwal has been issued summons for May 30 by the CB-CID Crime branch...
The probe into theA IPL betting case gets murkier. Prominent hotelierA Vikram Aggarwal has been issued summons for May 30 by the CB-CID Crime branch of the Tamil Nadu police. The cops say his interrogation would establish his possible role in the betting racket. Aggarwal's advocate has been claiming that the cops have already picked up for questioning but CB-CID DSP Rajasrinivasan has dismissed those reports. "They can claim but it is not so...we have not been able to locate him," he told reporters here. "We have served summons requesting Aggarwal to appear in this office on 30th of this month," he said, adding, police would seek custody of some of the arrested to get more information on the "syndicate." Mumbai Police have also issued summons to Aggarwal who is the owner of Radisson Blu hotel. He is alleged to have led the IPL betting syndicate in Chennai and was a crucial link between CSK team owner Gurunath Meiyappan and actor Vindoo Randhawa. Meanwhile, a team of Mumbai Police continued with their searches at the Chennai residence of Meiyappan.